Text: Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
Theme: The Wheat and the Tares
Date: July 23, 2023
- Western Christianity has changed from a church which seeks the objective and universal truth of God to a church which is driven by “expressive individualism”.
- The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares offers us insight into what is really going on.
- The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares is not about people who are moral vs. people who are immoral
- This parable is about doctrine
- It teaches that in the church, there are more than just Christians with sound doctrine, true believers,
- That there are also those whom the devil has sown and scattered, false teachers and believers who embrace the devil’s lies and reject the truth.
- We are not to weed out/uproot the tares. Instead, we are to endure with patience without giving into their lies, and the biggest lie is always, “Did God really say…”
- God’s Word may still penetrate their heretical hearts and bring them to repentance
- We should always pray for them, but we must not listen to them
- The modern and western notions of “expressive individualism” has no place in the church’s teaching and is, in fact, a teaching of the devil and his seed.
- We are one body, called by the Lord to believe as one people in the objective and universal truth of God taught by His Holy Word
- Let us look to Jesus and what He has done for us on the cross
- For this is what a true, healthy church looks like!