SERMON: “Living Water”
SCRIPTURE: John 4:5-26
DATE: March 12, 2023
The “Four Page Method” is a sermon form which follows the “Law Then, Law Now — Gospel Then, Gospel Now” motif, bringing the hearer through the text exegetically and applying the text theologically.
- Why did the Samaritan woman visit Jacob’s well at midday by herself?
- What was it that Jesus revealed about this woman when He preached the Law to her?
- How do we sometimes “visit the well at midday” when it comes to our sin?
- Is it ever beneficial for us to hide our sin from God or pretend we can go through our Christian life unconcerned about sin or unrepentant?
- Though Jesus had every right to condemn this woman for her sin, what instead did He do for her?
- How did His actions move her to respond with thankfulness and to share the Gospel with others?
- In what ways does our Lord continue to provide for us His good and gracious gifts of forgiveness and mercy?
- How does His Holy Spirit enable us to respond to our Lord’s salvation and how can we go out and share His Gospel with others?